If there's anything Pinterest has given us, it's how to DIY essentially everything. From Kids' Birthday Party Decor to Furniture, Pinterest has taught us that there's nothing we can't DIY. Perhaps our favorite DIY to date, however, is homemade laundry soap. Not only is it ideal for getting a foot in the door to natural living, but it's incredibly efficient. (And as you know, Laundreez is all about efficiency.) Below is our tried-and-true favorite Borax-free recipe for getting laundry done naturally and on the go.
- 6 cups Washing Soda
- 3 Bars of Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile Baby Bar Soap
- 2 Drops of Essential Oils (We love Lemon)
- Roughly chop all three bars of Dr. Bronner's soap into the food processor, along with all 6 cups of your washing soda.
- Pulse or blend until mix is a fine powder.
- Pour into a clean container; keep the essential oils next to your container, and add essential oils separately into your load.
- Use 1 tablespoons of laundry detergent and 2 drops of essential oils per load in your Laundreez
- If using a traditional washing machine, use 2-3 tablespoons of laundry detergent and 5 drops of essential oils per load
What are your favorite natural detergent recipes? We'd love to hear!